Head Chef-Meath - Ref 981All hotel job vacancies listed here:
Action Recruitment are currently seeking an experienced Head Chef on behalf of our client, a 4-star hotel in Meath. You must have experience as Head Chef in a four or five-star property. This is a very senior managerial role, with a large team in a busy operation, so you must be capable of leading, motivating and managing the Chefs and kitchen team to consistently achieve high standards in a fast-paced environment.
We are looking for an established Head Chef with a steady background and experience in a similar volume hotel, who will bring something special to the business. You will have to be experienced in budget control, adding creative touches to enhance the menus as well as hygiene management, health and safety and training.
As Head Chef, duties include but are not limited to:
- Maintaining consistently high standards across all areas of the dining operations
- Ensuring the profitability of the food and beverage operations through effective planning and organisation, putting the needs of the customer first
- Ensuring effective revenue generation and productivity of the Chefs and kitchen team
- Responsibility for stock control, carrying out regular stock takes, ordering stock, and ensuring minimisation of waste
- Ensuring excellent hygiene standards are upheld in line with statutory guidelines, including HACCP, with responsibility for ensuring that all staff are sufficiently trained to uphold these standards
- Responsibility for budget control, ensuring agreed targets are met on revenue and food and labour costs
- Responsibility for designing menus regularly reviewing menus to ensure food offerings are in line with current market trends
- Responsibility for ensuring health and safety guidelines are adhered to
- Leading, managing and training the kitchen team
Salary €60k plus bonus
If you would like to learn more about this position, please send your cover letter and an updated copy of your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org or call Brian on +353 872804401.