Director of Revenue - Ref 710All hotel job vacancies listed here:
Action Recruitment are seeking applications for the position of Director of Revenue for our client a luxurious 5 star property in Dublin. Reporting to the Director of Marketing the ideal candidate will hold a degree in accounting, business administration or hotel management and have a minimum of 3 years’ hospitality management experience. Experience and high level knowledge of spreadsheets, pivot tables and databases are essential criteria for this role.
Duties include but are not limited to: -
- Recognise the structure of the hotel profitability and use this knowledge to evaluate business and to provide a guide to future setting of rates and negotiation
- Assist other departments with pricing strategies’ and up selling opportunities to ensure revenue maximisation
- Monitoring pricing strategies of competitors and recommending appropriate action when necessary
- Conducting weekly meetings with the General Manager, Director of Sales, Reservations, and the Front Office teams
- Manage, produce and monitor booking pace, full house days’ analysis, arrival patterns, incentive results, GDS review, rate strategy tiers, transient demand etc.,
- Control room and rate availability as per company guidelines ensuring that occupancy and revenue are maximised
- Devise and implement up sell programs for all hotel departments
- Prepare revenue and occupancy forecasts and ensure that all heads of department are kept informed of all or any unexpected changes
- Observe no show statistics together with front office and accounts department and handle all no-show billings and disputes
- Collect and distribute monthly analysis reports
- Oversee the execution of the reservations department policies and procedures
- Work closely with sales and events department when handling group bookings
- Conduct regular reservations team meetings to ascertain level of training required
- Conduct training sessions with reservations department and provide feedback to staff on their progress.
- Develop and mentor reservations staff for future career advancement
- Mentor reservations and front office staff ensuring they are aware of up selling and negotiation techniques
- Supervise the performance of the reservations team on an ongoing basis and conduct regular performance appraisals
- Maintain a high level of professionalism at all times when dealing with guests and employees
- Ensure special handling of top corporate clients, VIP’s and returning guests
- Maintain accurate records of cancellations and no shows and record all sources of reservations.
- Ensure that all reservation confirmations are mailed daily
- Follow up with guests in relation to any complaints that pertain to room bookings or rates and keep senior management informed of any problems and action taken
Salary €55-65k DOE
To discuss this role in greater detail, call Noel on +353 87 214 5990 or email a cover letter and a current CV to email@example.com
Please also feel free to share this Job Advert with anyone you think is ready to take up this fantastic opportunity.